What age children can participate in Camp Hendon?
Children with diabetes ages 8-17 are eligible to participate in Camp Hendon.
Do I have to register online?
What will my camper learn?
- Improved Nutrition
- How to Treat Low and High Blood Sugars
- How to Count Carbohydrates
- Insulin Injections, Site Rotation, and Adjustment
- Blood Sugar Monitoring
- Age-appropriate Diabetes Education
- Social Support
- Diabetes Problem Solving
- Effects of Exercise
- Many campers learn to give their first injection or change their first site! – A Big Step Toward Independence
- Confidence & Self-Esteem by Meeting Others with Diabetes
- Form Meaningful Relationships
- Feel a Sense of Belonging, Campers Learn They Are Not Alone
How do I register a camper?
You will register online in a “phased application” process.
The first step is to submit an initial application and deposit.
The second step is to then log into your account and complete the required forms*.
*Some forms require you to print and obtain a physician signature, and then faxed back to camp.
To receive the early application discount, you will need to have a 100% completed application and all forms submitted by the priority deadline.
Each campers complete file is medically reviewed for acceptance. Campers are admitted on a first-completion basis.
How do you decide who to accept?
Your child will be accepted if we still have room and there are no significant behavioral or medical factors that would preclude acceptance.
2017 Summer Camp
Sunday, July 2 - Friday, July 7, 2017
Who can participate? What they will learn? How to register? and more...
LIFE AT CAMP
Will my child be safe at camp? What happens of my child gets homesick?